Sunday, September 28, 2008

Again, With the Gas

I promise not to talk (much) more about the whole gas thing in GA, but it is really getting on my nerves. It's the same premise as making a "run" on a bank. If people were just getting gas according to their normal gas-getting schedules, there would not be the shortage there is. Even CNN is reporting that the panic is affecting this "crisis" more than the actual pipeline disruption. And if *I* am quoting CNN (not my fave network), then you know it is serious up in here. So, people.......PEOPLE.......please please PLEASE stop panicking! Stop cutting in line to get gas. That is really rude, and eventually, someone is going to get shot doing that (thank God Yancey doesn't carry his gun in his car - she says sort-of-semi-jokingly). Seriously - I've HAD it with you people!!

Oh, DING, I have just realized that I am not so much of a People Pleaser (view previous paragraph) as a "Rule Follower." Yes, that is *much* more the gist of who I am. Follow the rules. Wait in line. Take your turn. Tell the truth. Be fair. Don't go more than 9 miles over the speed limit. Do not water your plants (or for God's sake neighbor-who-I-shall-not-name do NOT set up a waterslide in your front yard) during a water restricting drought. Do not pretend to be sick so your spouse has to get up both weekend mornings with the kids (no comment). Do not read the end of a book before you are supposed to. Do NOT look for your Christmas presents before Christmas Day. Oh my gosh - have I always been this way? This is sort of annoying and borderline personality disorder, isn't it?

Oh well, at least the odds of me getting shot in line while waiting for gas are a lot lower than some other folks out there. That's something at least.

PS - I will no longer talk about the gas issue in Atlanta. Unless, of course, it causes me to miss my upcoming 20th High School Reunion. Then, some heads are gonna roll.

No comments: